Help us with our campaigning and media work
Stonewall is looking for the stories and experiences of lesbian, gay and bisexual people to inform our campaigning and lobbying work.
If you've encountered discrimination or have another experience that may inform our work, we'd like to keep a record of your story. Very occasionally, and only with your permission, we may offer your story to the media to highlight the issues facing lesbian, gay and bisexual communities.
Stonewall also receives many media enquiries asking for lesbian, gay or bisexual people to speak about their positive experiences.
We're looking to promote positive examples of lesbians, gay men and bisexuals to challenge negative perceptions. If you're interested in challenging these negative perceptions, simply fill in our media volunteer form stating what type of media work you feel comfortable doing.
There are many areas in which we need your help:
- Parenting - Gay, lesbian and bisexual parents, either biological or non-biological parents who have children through adoption or fostering
- Education - Young people who've experienced homophobia in education in the last few years, including those with a positive experience of how their school/college dealt with the incidents. Teachers or education staff who have witnessed homophobia in education against students or staff, including those with positive experiences of how their school/college dealt with the incidents
- Employment - People who have encountered discrimination, bullying or harassment in employment due to their sexuality or perceived sexuality
- Housing - People who have faced housing problems due to their sexuality or perceived sexuality
- Hate Crime - People who have experienced homophobic hate crime
- Incitement to Hatred - People who have come across calls, either verbally or in publications, for verbal or physical assaults on gay men, lesbians and bisexual people
- Goods and Services - Those who have experienced discrimination in the UK in the provision of goods or services because of their sexuality or perceived sexuality, e.g. people refused a room in a hotel or turned away from a pub or bar
- Civil Partnerships - People who have plans to have civil partnerships in the near future
- General - People who are willing to speak about their experiences, positive or negative, of being gay, lesbian or bisexual and who would like to be considered for inclusion in general media stories in the future.
If you are able to help in any of these areas, please fill in our media volunteer form and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to 020 7593 1877 or send it by post to:
London SE1 7NX
Many thanks for your help.