Train the Trainer for primary schools
Stonewall's 'Train the Trainer' course will give participants the tools, techniques and confidence they will need to train other staff in school on how to tackle homophobic bullying.
“Fantastic and very informative” | “Clear guidance and advice” | “Stonewall should train other organisations on how to deliver training” |
"Every school should be a School Champion"
100% felt more confident to tackle homophobic bullying in their schools
100% would recommend Train the Trainer to others
Feedback from September 2013
Our first Train the Trainer courses for primary schools will take place at the locations below.
- Glasgow - Thursday 23 October at The Teacher Building - BOOK NOW
Aberdeen - Thursday 9 October at The Copthorne Hotel - BOOK NOW
By booking to attend a Train the Trainer course, you will become a School Champions member for a year from the start of the next calendar month after you book (not from after the course itself takes place). Existing School Champions can book to renew their membership or merely to attend the course.
If you would like to become a School Champions member but cannot attend any of the courses above, you can fill out this this form.
Who should attend?
£80+VAT for existing Stonewall School Champions
Young people in primary school are particularly susceptible to homophobic bullying and language. Three quarters of primary school teachers say they hear homophobic language from pupils. Nine in ten teachers want to tackle the problem, but have never been trained on how to prevent and respond to homophobic bullying.
Stonewall's Train the Trainer series provides participants with all the tools and techniques needed to train other staff on tackling homophobic bullying and celebrating difference. It also provides support on how to positively celebrate difference in an age appropriate way and how to meet Education Scotland inspection requirements
- Learn practical techniques to train other staff in your school on how to tackle homophobic bullying and celebrate difference.
- Gain an overview of the current state of homophobic bullying and its impact on pupil achievement and school performance.
- Find out how to meet your legal requirements under the Equality Act 2010.
- Be inspired by best practice from other schools.
Schools participating in the programme will receive Stonewall Scotland school champions status with a range of benefits including:
- An extensive pack Stonewall's age-appropriate 'different families' primary school
resources, including our 'Celebrating Difference' training DVD, posters, postcards, curriculum guides and learning resources.
- Exclusive use of the School Champions logo
- An initial needs assessment to help you benchmark your policies against best
practice and devise a school action plan
- Discounted access to future Stonewall events, conferences and training seminars
- A dedicated contact for information and enquiries
Who should attend?
- Anti-bullying coordinators
- Pastoral leads
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sophie on 0131 474 8019.