Stonewall Scotland's 'Train the Trainer: Tackling Homophobic, Biphobic and Transphobic bullying and Language' course give participants the knowledge, tools and confidence they will need to train colleagues on tackling homophobic, biphobic and transphobic bullying (HBT) and celebrating difference.
By attending one of our Train the Trainer courses, schools become a Stonewall Scotland School Champion.
Young people in secondary school are particularly susceptible to homophobic bullying and language. 95 per cent of secondary school teachers say they hear homophobic language from pupils. Nine in 10 teachers want to tackle the problem but have never been trained on how to prevent and respond to HBT bullying.
Stonewall Scotland's Train the Trainer series provides participants with all the tools and techniques needed to train other staff on tackling HBT bullying and celebrating difference. It also helps them to understand how to support lesbian, gay, bi and trans young people, as well as meeting Education Scotland inspection requirements.
99% of participants felt more confident to tackle HBT bullying in their schools
- Learn practical techniques to train other staff in your school on how to tackle homophobic, biphobic and transphobic bullying and celebrate difference.
- Practical ways to support lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans young people.
- Gain an overview of the current state of HBT bullying and its impact on pupil achievement and school performance.
- Find out how to meet your legal requirements under the Equality Act 2010.
- Be inspired by best practice from other schools.
Schools participating in the programme will receive Stonewall Scotland School Champions status with a range of benefits including:
- An extensive pack of Stonewall's acclaimed secondary school resources, including DVDs, posters, postcards, curriculum guides and learning resources.
- Exclusive use of the School Champions logo.
- Discounted access to future Stonewall events, conferences and training seminars.
- A dedicated contact for information and enquiries.
- Access to exclusive free role model visits by inspirational people from all walks of life who share their personal stories about being LGBT
Who should attend?
- Anti-bullying coordinators
- Pastoral leads
- Education support staff and professionals
Book a place
The next Train the Trainer: Tackling HBT Bullying and Language Programme will take place on:
Date: Thursday 1 March 2018
Time: 9am - 4.30pm
Location: Central Glasgow (venue TBC)
Fantastic and very informative.
All schools should be School Champions.