February is LGBT History Month. This is an opportunity to reflect on your LGBT inclusion work. Use this session to take time and learn ways to step up as an active ally to the LGBT community.
Join us for a 2 hour interactive workshop at 10:30 on 03 February. You’ll gain the tools and confidence to be a better ally to LGBT people in your workplace.
The session will begin with a live coversation with a guest speaker, who will be shortly announced. Following this, our Stonewall inclusion experts will deliver best practise content to help you and your organisation develop tangible actions towards LGBT inclusion in the workplace.
- Session Aims
- Develop an understanding of LGBT identities and experience in order to confidently advocate for more inclusive workplaces
- Understand why LGBT inclusion at work is important and the benefits of creating a more inclusive culture on individuals and organisations
- Explore the meaning of the term ally and identify first steps that they might take to be a more active and visible ally
- Make tangiable action plans to create inclusive workplaces where all LGBT can achieve their full potential
- Who can attend?
- Professionals from any level of an organisation across all sectors
- HR & D&I teams
- Students and unwaged people who want to learn more about being better allies to LGBT people in a workplace setting
Non-Diversity Champions members - £84.00 (inc. VAT)
Diversity Champions members (private sector) - £72.00 (inc. VAT)
Diversity Champions members (public & third) - £48.00 (inc. VAT)
We want our events to be accessible to everyone. All delegates should expect to feel safe, welcome and included at our events.
These sessions will run via Zoom with up to 50 delegates. There will be smaller break-out rooms for delegates to complete optional discussion activities. Here is a link to the accessibility features Zoom offers.
We will have members of the team on Tech and Wellbeing support throughout the session. There will be a British Sign Language interpreter for all open sessions, and captions will be available.
If you have any access needs, please email email@example.com. We will do our best to accommodate these.
What previous delegates thought
I found this incredibly helpful for my own personal development, let along my professional self. The panel was a really excellent way to bring folk in and begin engaging attendees to consider concepts that they maybe hadn't before.
Really useful content and thought provoking - helped to show the way that action can be taken
I thought the two presenters were excellent. They were very good at putting the group at ease and talking about a complex topic with decorum and sensibility.