The Stonewall Scotland one-day Allies Programme gives non-LGBT individuals the opportunity to explore what it means to be an ally and the space to identify how they are going to create an inclusive environment for everyone.
What the programme offers
- Insight into what it means to be yourself
- Understanding of what it means to be an ally and why it is important to have visible and active allies in the workplace
- Practical ways to step up as an ally
- Opportunities to explore and develop inclusive behaviours and approaches
- Active listening skills and techniques for having good quality conversations
- Increased motivation and confidence to become a visible and influential ally
- A network of peers from across a range of sectors and communities
Who can attend
Our Allies Programme is designed for non-LGBT individuals at any level from any sector or industry.
We are looking for a diverse range of participants for its programmes, especially those that are currently underrepresented. We want to hear from non-LGBT professionals from a range of ethnic backgrounds, people of faith, disabled people and women – and of course those who are at the intersections of these identities.
85%OF PARTICIPANTS ‘STRONGLY AGREED’ OR ‘AGREED’ THAT THE PROGRAMME MADE THEM MORE CONFIDENT IN STEPPING UP AS AN ALLY TO LGBT PEOPLE
81%OF PARTICIPANTS ‘STRONGLY AGREED’ OR ‘AGREED’ THAT THE PROGRAMME HELPED THEM TO CONTRIBUTE TO POSITIVE CHANGE IN THEIR WORKPLACE
A workplace where people feel confident to be open and honest about their lives outside of the office, would be both happier and more productive. To me that seems a no-brainer."
Neil Henry, Deloitte, Scotland
Book your place
Upcoming programmes will be posted here.
We also offer in-house Allies Programmes for groups of 12 to 36 - email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0131 474 8019 for more information.
- £300 + VAT per person for Stonewall Diversity Champions
- £350 + VAT per person for non-members
VAT Reg No: 862 9064 05
For more information about our Allies Programme please email email@example.com or call 0131 474 8019.