Information for same-sex couples on how to convert a civil partnership to a marriage in Scotland
Log in
What you can do

Civil partnership conversion

Please note that only civil partnerships which were registered in SCOTLAND can be changed to a marriage in Scotland.

There are two different ways you can convert your civil partnerships to marriage;

1. Administrative route: You can convert by making an appointment with your local registry office to fill in the relevant form. You will need to take along your civil partnership certificate and photo ID.

2. Ceremony: Alternatively, you can change your civil partnership to marriage by having a ceremony. If you wish to convert through a full marriage ceremony you will need to give the usual notice and pay the associated costs

For more information and to down load the application form to change a civil partnership into a marriage please click here