Stonewall Scotland's 'Train the Trainer: Tackling Homophobic, Biphobic and Transphobic Bullying and Language' course for primary schools gives participants the tools, techniques and confidence they will need to train other staff in schools on how to tackle homophobic, biphobic and transphobic (HBT) bullying and celebrate difference. By attending one of our Train the Trainer courses, schools become a Stonewall Scotland School Champion.
Fantastic and very informative.
Young people in primary school are particularly susceptible to HBT bullying and language. Three quarters of primary school teachers say they hear homophobic language from pupils. Nine in ten teachers want to tackle the problem but have never been trained on how to prevent and respond to HBT bullying. Stonewall Scotland's Train the Trainer series provides participants with all the tools and techniques needed to train other staff on tackling HBT bullying and celebrating difference. It also provides support on how to positively celebrate difference in an age-appropriate way and how to meet Education Scotland inspection requirements.
- Learn practical techniques to train other staff in your school on how to tackle HBT bullying and celebrate difference
- Practical ways of including different families in the curriculum
- Gain an overview of the current state of HBT bullying and its impact on pupil achievement and school performance
- Find out how to meet your legal requirements under the Equality Act 2010
- Be inspired by best practice from other schools
99% OF PARTICIPANTS FELT MORE CONFIDENT TO TACKLE HBT BULLYING IN THEIR SCHOOLS
Schools participating in the programme will receive Stonewall Scotland School Champions status with a range of benefits including:
- Stonewall's age-appropriate 'different families' primary school resources, including our 'Celebrating Difference' training DVD, posters, postcards, curriculum guides and learning resources
- Exclusive use of the School Champions logo
- Discounted access to future Stonewall events, conferences and training seminars
- A dedicated contact for information and enquiries
Who should attend?
- Anti-bullying coordinators
- Pastoral leads
- Education support staff and professionals
Book a place
Our next Train the Trainer: Tackling HBT Bullying and Language programme for primary schools takes place on:
Date: Thursday 13 September 2018
Time: 9.00am - 4.30pm
Location: Central Edinburgh - venue TBC
A very informative, interesting and practical course
Great resources and advice
For more information on our education programmes, please email email@example.com or call 0131 474 8019.